FZAP! Weren't expecting THAT big of a cliffhanger were ya? Let's analyze things shall we?
1. An Ebon Skull is a potent magic item that even Iuz has forgot how to craft. Only three are said to exist. An Ebon Skull has numerous necromantic powers and defenses, but in the hands of an evil priest they may turn Good clerics.
2. "Doomdreamers are the elite among the ranks of the cult of Tharizdun. They all claim to have been contacted by the Dark God in their dreams. They are all extremely evil, raving lunatics or sadistic, brooding and cruel individuals of singular coruption. All doomdreamers are masters of ancient, forbidden knowledge and madness, and devotees of nihilism."
3. "Mouth of Iuz" is not a canon title, but is lifted from Tolkien's The Return of the King. The Mouth of Sauron is a quite creepy dude of Numenorean heritage:
At its head there rode a tall and evil shape, mounted upon a black horse… The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: 'I am the Mouth of Sauron.'
4. "Ears of Iuz" is equally nonsensical for Iuz the Evil, but I wouldn't put it past Vecna...
5. Hmm, Dorakaa, the capital of Iuz, or Molag, capital of the Horned Lands and Iuz's summer home. Which is his favorite? Would he miss Dorakaa if it were razed?
6. Iuz getting trapped or knocked through gates is quite a common occurence in canon if you think about it...
7. According to the '83 Guide, Hextor carries two spiked bucklers, 1 fork +2, 1 scimitar +3, 1 flail +2 and a morningstar +3.
8. According to Gods of the Suel Pantheon by Lenard Lakofka, Pyremius bears a sword named The Red Light of Hades. It is a +5 weapon and any paladin struck by it must save or lose his special abilities. The sword casts a red light that exposes invisibile things. Pyremius also carries a poisoned whip (not shown) called the Viper of Hades. Cool items for a dorky looking deity.
9. Nerull up front there, is armed with a red veined sable-wood staff. At his whim a red-hued force blade appears at the end called the Life Cutter. It causes instant death to anyone it strikes unless they save. Even so, it still does 5-30 dmg. Worse, the scythe can sweep a 190 degree arc out 10' before Nerull. All creatures there, including astral, ethereal, gaseous form, even UNDEAD must save vs death. Ouch!
10. Erythnul totes a mundane stone-headed mace pierced with holes that howl each time it is swung. The noise causes fear and panic.
11. Gruumsh uses an iron spear +5 that also causes paralysis.
12. And finally.
Cultists: First | Previous | Next |